Kindergarten Level – K1 to K2 Programme
This is a creativity and acting skills-based programme for kindergarten that uses stories, discussions, drama activities, movement, music, improvised activities, scenes and adventures to develop Confidence, Creativity and Collaboration. Each week the children learn and practise new skills that are necessary for the budding performer, for example: vocal projection, emotional control, confidence, creativity and the ability to work together in a team environment. Alongside these essential theatrical skills, the children learn how to truly become the characters through characterisation techniques. Each week your child also gets the opportunity to use, explore and engage with various props and costume pieces from the Creativity Chest. These items are used as a stimulus to create monologues, dialogues and improvised scenes. The Creativity Chest allows your child to push their creative limits and lets their ideas soar! All these skills build throughout the term into a short performance for parents to watch on the 10th lesson! Come and watch your kindergarten kid shine!!!
Your child will:
- Learn and expand characterisation through acting techniques based on the individual mini themes.
- Improve and build emotional control through emotion-based acting explorations.
- Improve vocal projection and oral language skills by learning proper vocal projection techniques, speaking in front of others and in a group setting.
- Develop the confidence to express their ideas through open discussions, storytelling and improvisation.
- Explore spoken language and their ideas by taking part in interactive storytelling and discussions.
- Develop collaboration skills by actively listening, accepting others’ ideas, and developing teamwork through a multitude of theatrical activities.
- Develop and cultivate creativity through improvised practical activities, scenes and adventures.
- Use props and costume pieces from the Creativity Chest each week to create monologues, dialogues and improvised scenes.
- Stage a short performance for parents to watch on lesson 10.
No. of lessons per term: 10 lessons
No. of terms per year: 4 terms
Duration per lesson: 90-mins per lesson
Programme Investment: $570 per term (subjected to 7% GST, $50 registration fee and $100 refundable deposit)