Nursery Level – N1 to N2 Programme
This is a theme-based programme for nursery kids that uses stories, songs, discussions, drama activities, craft work, movement, music and improvised adventures to develop Confidence, Creativity and Collaboration. The focus for our young ones is to make learning acting skills fun! Each week, alongside a variety of theatrical activities, the children learn how to truly become characters using characterisation techniques. Each lesson revolves around a theme, for example: fantasy, jungle, superheros and more. The children use this theme as a stimulus to build and practise their characterisation techniques, as well as other acting skills learned throughout the lessons. The children also have the opportunity to make a craft work prop, costume piece, hat, etc. that gets used during class on their weekly themed adventures. All these skills build throughout the term into a short performance for parents to watch on the 10th lesson! Come and watch your kid shine!!!
Your child will:
- Learn to build characterisation through acting techniques based on the individual themes.
- Improve emotional control through emotion-based explorations.
- Improve vocal projection and oral language skills by speaking in front of and in group settings.
- Develop the confidence to express their ideas through open discussions, storytelling and improvisation.
- Explore language and develop comprehension skills by taking part in interactive storytelling.
- Develop gross motor skills through drama, songs and movement.
- Develop collaboration skills by listening and accepting others’ ideas through various team-based theatrical activities.
- Develop creativity by participating in exciting, improvised adventures.
- Take home a weekly craft related to and used in their themed adventure activities.
- Stage a short performance for parents to watch on lesson 10.
No. of lessons per term: 10 lessons
No. of terms per year: 4 terms
Duration per lesson: 90 mins per lesson
Programme Investment: $570 per term (subjected to 7% GST, $50 registration fee and $100 refundable deposit)